IP audio decoder
The IP-FORMER converts passive speakers into network speakers and thus enables audio streaming via the Internet to existing passive speakers
Due to its compact design, the IP-FORMER can be mounted directly to the existing passive speaker by using the transformer bracket. The built-in 8 W class D digital audio amplifier delivers high-quality audio signals to the connected wall speaker, ceiling speaker or desktop speaker (2-8 Ω).
The IP-FORMER is powered by an external Power over Ethernet power supply (PoE, IEEE 802.3af).
As a decoder, the IP-FORMER enables audio streaming from radio stations, telephones and intercoms, making it suitable for speakers to play background music and for live announcements, e.g. in schools, office buildings, in the retail trade or for announcements based on the SIP protocol (Session Initiation Protocol).
- Programming and management via web browser
- Supports audio formats, e.g. MP3, MPEG-4, linear PCM, G.711, G722, GSM, Opus, etc.
- LAN connection, Ethernet RJ45, 10/100 Mbps
- Spring-loaded terminals for speakers and microphone
- Impedance of the connected speaker: 2-8 Ω
- Power supply via PoE (IEEE 802.3af)
- LED status indicator